Buttercup Milk Truck
Note: Subscribers have access to a downloadable .pdf for all features in the archive.
Subscribers receive access to PDF archives of Volumes 1-29 free as part of their membership.
TSJ members receive:
- Bi-monthly delivery of The Surfer's Journal
- 20% off merchandise and apparel in the TSJ store
- Unlimited access to every article we've ever published
- Email delivery of additional original TSJ content
- Member only film screenings
- Exclusive sponsor offers and discounts
Bruce Savage recalls the chaos that occurred at Tower 16 on Memorial Day, 1960 in Malibu. Smoke bombs, moonings, alcohol induced vomiting, and more caused lifeguard Kemp Aaberg to call for backup very early in the morning. It all has something to do with Red Pushinger’s 1928 Buttercup milk truck.