Note: Subscribers have access to a downloadable .pdf for all features in the archive.
Subscribers receive access to PDF archives of Volumes 1-29 free as part of their membership.
Get a magic link sent to your email that'll sign you in instantly.
TSJ members receive:
- Bi-monthly delivery of The Surfer's Journal
- 20% off merchandise and apparel in the TSJ store
- Unlimited access to every article we've ever published
- Email delivery of additional original TSJ content
- Member only film screenings
- Exclusive sponsor offers and discounts
Bill Wise recounts a conversation with Mickey Dora during the Duke Kahanamoku Invitational at Sunset Beach in 1967. Wise exposes a rare compassionate side of Dora quite contrary to much of the mythology surrounding ‘Da Cat.