Between The Horns
Note: Subscribers have access to a downloadable .pdf for all features in the archive.
Subscribers receive access to PDF archives of Volumes 1-29 free as part of their membership.
Get a magic link sent to your email that'll sign you in instantly.
TSJ members receive:
- Bi-monthly delivery of The Surfer's Journal
- 20% off merchandise and apparel in the TSJ store
- Unlimited access to every article we've ever published
- Email delivery of additional original TSJ content
- Member only film screenings
- Exclusive sponsor offers and discounts
Taking advantage of a brief scheduling pause in the 2013 ASP world tour, current champ Mick Fanning made haste to the islands off Panama with legendary shooter Ted Grambeau. He wasn’t expecting much. Mick had agreed to let Ted call the shots, and to follow along like an eager lab pup wherever Ted aimed the itinerary. No buzzers, no jerseys, no probing media…a busman’s holiday. The Caribbean side of Central America is no pleasure pit. Densely forested, with a coastline torn asunder by huge river flow and treacherous sandbars, it’s a Miskito Coast from the Yucatan to the Darien. But Ted being Ted, there was a payoff. See what they got into.