Behind the Foam Ball and Into the Void
Volume 16.Issue 2
Note: Subscribers have access to a downloadable .pdf for all features in the archive.
Subscribers receive access to PDF archives of Volumes 1-29 free as part of their membership.
TSJ members receive:
- Bi-monthly delivery of The Surfer's Journal
- 20% off merchandise and apparel in the TSJ store
- Unlimited access to every article we've ever published
- Email delivery of additional original TSJ content
- Member only film screenings
- Exclusive sponsor offers and discounts
Author Shaun Tomson examines the advancements in tube riding since the late 1970’s to today with Kelly Slater. Slater tells us about his experiences at Teahupoo and finding the “clear spot amongst the chaos” that is just behind the foam ball inside the tube.