Beer for Breakfast: The Stone Steps Invitationals
Note: Subscribers have access to a downloadable .pdf for all features in the archive.
Subscribers receive access to PDF archives of Volumes 1-29 free as part of their membership.
TSJ members receive:
- Bi-monthly delivery of The Surfer's Journal
- 20% off merchandise and apparel in the TSJ store
- Unlimited access to every article we've ever published
- Email delivery of additional original TSJ content
- Member only film screenings
- Exclusive sponsor offers and discounts
John O’Malley’s retrospective looks back on the ten-year run of the Stone Steps Invitationals in Encinitas, California. In this contest for and by the members of the local surf business community, an 82-oz. resin bucket of beer precedes each 15-minute heat, ensuring a rollicking good time on the beach.