Note: Subscribers have access to a downloadable .pdf for all features in the archive.
Subscribers receive access to PDF archives of Volumes 1-29 free as part of their membership.
TSJ members receive:
- Bi-monthly delivery of The Surfer's Journal
- 20% off merchandise and apparel in the TSJ store
- Unlimited access to every article we've ever published
- Email delivery of additional original TSJ content
- Member only film screenings
- Exclusive sponsor offers and discounts
What initially seemed to be simply a covert trip to the Bixby Ranch for a couple of Gremmies turned out to signify their initiation into the exclusive group of Malibu surfers who regulated the social hierarchy in The Pit. This sequel to Denny Aaberg’s “No Pants Mance” from the previous issue of The Surfer’s Journal provides a unique pre-teen’s perspective of the hostility of the Bixby Ranch’s “Surfing Cowboys”, and his experience in reconciling his passion for surfing alone with the social dynamic that he loves at home in Malibu.