Artificial Surf Reefs: Boon or Bust?
Volume 20.Issue 3
Note: Subscribers have access to a downloadable .pdf for all features in the archive.
Subscribers receive access to PDF archives of Volumes 1-29 free as part of their membership.
TSJ members receive:
- Bi-monthly delivery of The Surfer's Journal
- 20% off merchandise and apparel in the TSJ store
- Unlimited access to every article we've ever published
- Email delivery of additional original TSJ content
- Member only film screenings
- Exclusive sponsor offers and discounts
Are the man-made reefs springing up around the globe producing the waves as intended? Are the materials used environmentally safe and long lasting? It appears there are real problems with man-made reefs in all arenas: surf potential, environmental hazards, and soaring costs to build and dismantle them.