Volume 17.Issue 4
Note: Subscribers have access to a downloadable .pdf for all features in the archive.
Subscribers receive access to PDF archives of Volumes 1-29 free as part of their membership.
Get a magic link sent to your email that'll sign you in instantly.
TSJ members receive:
- Bi-monthly delivery of The Surfer's Journal
- 20% off merchandise and apparel in the TSJ store
- Unlimited access to every article we've ever published
- Email delivery of additional original TSJ content
- Member only film screenings
- Exclusive sponsor offers and discounts
Nathan Myers guides us through a portfolio of Dustin Humphrey’s photography representing a year of his work from numerous trips throughout Indonesia. The story begins with a trip to Banda Aceh in northern Sumatra, the region closest to the epicenter of the 2004 earthquake. Then back to Bali, which Dustin calls home and where he has been influential in the post bombing efforts to bring surf tourism back to the region. Next up is an overnight ferry trip to the rugged and still somewhat undiscovered waves of the neighboring Nusa Tenggara region. Then a stop over in the Mentawai’s for the biggest swell in five years, and finally to Java searching for new waves with old friends.