Arc Of A Cesta
Note: Subscribers have access to a downloadable .pdf for all features in the archive.
Subscribers receive access to PDF archives of Volumes 1-29 free as part of their membership.
TSJ members receive:
- Bi-monthly delivery of The Surfer's Journal
- 20% off merchandise and apparel in the TSJ store
- Unlimited access to every article we've ever published
- Email delivery of additional original TSJ content
- Member only film screenings
- Exclusive sponsor offers and discounts
Author Greg Tindall on Pete Mendia: “Despite having a full array of maneuvers, Pete Mendia’s signature move as a time-tested photo-pro has become the cutback, the first move he learned to do at Lake Worth pier as a kid. He had this yellow MTB twin-fin that he finally figured out how to grab one rail then set the other one to reverse their direction. The cutback, that’s it… can’t be eponymously renamed. It’s such a standard move it’s almost taken for granted. Of course, it’s not any old cutty when the “big kid” lays into it. It’s everything Pete has laid out on a rail, over twenty years of professional surfing honed in on a moment… a maneuver that splays the grain of the wave wide open, a stained-glass window pane of ocean.”