Volume 17.Issue 3
Note: Subscribers have access to a downloadable .pdf for all features in the archive.
Subscribers receive access to PDF archives of Volumes 1-29 free as part of their membership.
Get a magic link sent to your email that'll sign you in instantly.
TSJ members receive:
- Bi-monthly delivery of The Surfer's Journal
- 20% off merchandise and apparel in the TSJ store
- Unlimited access to every article we've ever published
- Email delivery of additional original TSJ content
- Member only film screenings
- Exclusive sponsor offers and discounts
A conversation between Paul Strauch Jr. and Steve Pezman. Paul, a successful competitive surfer in the late fifties and early sixties, talks with Steve about his life. They cover everything from his youth around the legendary beach boys at Waikiki to his current life as a part of the Hawaiian Surf Club at San Onofre. Through the conversation Paul talks about Tom Blake making surfboards in his family’s yard, George Downing teaching him about big wave surfing, his experience with advancements in surfboard building, and finally about his move to the mainland and his desire to spread Aloha and Hawaiian culture.