All to Myself
Volume 19.Issue 5
Note: Subscribers have access to a downloadable .pdf for all features in the archive.
Subscribers receive access to PDF archives of Volumes 1-29 free as part of their membership.
Get a magic link sent to your email that'll sign you in instantly.
TSJ members receive:
- Bi-monthly delivery of The Surfer's Journal
- 20% off merchandise and apparel in the TSJ store
- Unlimited access to every article we've ever published
- Email delivery of additional original TSJ content
- Member only film screenings
- Exclusive sponsor offers and discounts
Things were a lot different when Billy Meng started surfing in 1943. He paid $10 for his first surfboard: a Bob Simmons surfboard. Meng lived, worked, and surfed with all the early riders along the Southern California coast and Hawaii. Billy now lives in Santa Barbara’s backcountry, still repairing fishing nets, after retiring a veteran commercial fisherman.