After the Earthquake
Note: Subscribers have access to a downloadable .pdf for all features in the archive.
Subscribers receive access to PDF archives of Volumes 1-29 free as part of their membership.
TSJ members receive:
- Bi-monthly delivery of The Surfer's Journal
- 20% off merchandise and apparel in the TSJ store
- Unlimited access to every article we've ever published
- Email delivery of additional original TSJ content
- Member only film screenings
- Exclusive sponsor offers and discounts
When the earth violently moved in Christchurch, New Zealand, at 12:51 p.m. on February 22, 2011, the local surfing populous was sent scurrying. And while tragedy beset the city and lives were lost and forever changed, out in the hinterlands alternative wave-riding opportunities were revealed. And proof that Kiwis are able to smile in the face of adversity, where there’s blokes there’s usually sheep jokes.