Note: Subscribers have access to a downloadable .pdf for all features in the archive.
Subscribers receive access to PDF archives of Volumes 1-29 free as part of their membership.
Get a magic link sent to your email that'll sign you in instantly.
TSJ members receive:
- Bi-monthly delivery of The Surfer's Journal
- 20% off merchandise and apparel in the TSJ store
- Unlimited access to every article we've ever published
- Email delivery of additional original TSJ content
- Member only film screenings
- Exclusive sponsor offers and discounts
Alan Van Gysen is one of Africa’s most respected surf photographers. In this photo portfolio, Alan takes us to the numerous bays and points and nooks and crannies of his home country of South Africa and beyond. Namibia, Mozambique, Morrocco, and even the illustrious Rapid 11 on the Zambezi River tamed by kayakers and river-goers, but also surfers under Van Gysen’s initiative. Gysen’s surf photos are strong, and South Africa is rich in surfing wilderness and adventure.