Adventures in Publishing
Note: Subscribers have access to a downloadable .pdf for all features in the archive.
Subscribers receive access to PDF archives of Volumes 1-29 free as part of their membership.
TSJ members receive:
- Bi-monthly delivery of The Surfer's Journal
- 20% off merchandise and apparel in the TSJ store
- Unlimited access to every article we've ever published
- Email delivery of additional original TSJ content
- Member only film screenings
- Exclusive sponsor offers and discounts
John DeCure, a surfer, lawyer and writer tells the story of getting his first book published. After three years of rejection his perseverance pays off and he finds a literary agent to represent him, and sell his book. A few months later after the book is sold, DeCure’s new editor asks him to make some changes to the story in order to make elements more Hollywood friendly. After he refuses to make the suggested changes since they would undermine the authenicity of his story, he is given the opportunity to respond with an anecdote that he had been told in many of his previous rejection letters.