Access: Denied by Michael Kew
Note: Subscribers have access to a downloadable .pdf for all features in the archive.
Subscribers receive access to PDF archives of Volumes 1-29 free as part of their membership.
TSJ members receive:
- Bi-monthly delivery of The Surfer's Journal
- 20% off merchandise and apparel in the TSJ store
- Unlimited access to every article we've ever published
- Email delivery of additional original TSJ content
- Member only film screenings
- Exclusive sponsor offers and discounts
This is a tale of a risky surf trip taken by Michael Kew, where the only civilian access to waves is by trespassing on an active military base. The base’s lunar landscape and isolated location make for a lonely tone to this forbidden trip. Ultimately the goal of finding quality surf in a land of intercontinental ballistic missiles and elite military defense teams is achieved, but not without elevated heart rates and a few bumps in the road.