A Village Lost in Time
Note: Subscribers have access to a downloadable .pdf for all features in the archive.
Subscribers receive access to PDF archives of Volumes 1-29 free as part of their membership.
TSJ members receive:
- Bi-monthly delivery of The Surfer's Journal
- 20% off merchandise and apparel in the TSJ store
- Unlimited access to every article we've ever published
- Email delivery of additional original TSJ content
- Member only film screenings
- Exclusive sponsor offers and discounts
The surfing in Madiera was a well-kept secret amongst the few traveling surfers who ventured off the beaten path until a 1994 profile in Surfer Magazine, when this tiny island’s Madeira’s explicit identity was ambiguously danced around, and, ultimately, discovered. Photostory by ace artists and lensman Chris Leschinsky.