A November Surf
Note: Subscribers have access to a downloadable .pdf for all features in the archive.
Subscribers receive access to PDF archives of Volumes 1-29 free as part of their membership.
Get a magic link sent to your email that'll sign you in instantly.
TSJ members receive:
- Bi-monthly delivery of The Surfer's Journal
- 20% off merchandise and apparel in the TSJ store
- Unlimited access to every article we've ever published
- Email delivery of additional original TSJ content
- Member only film screenings
- Exclusive sponsor offers and discounts
While reconciling the changing face of surf culture with his aging positioning as a surfer, Ted Gugelyk braves a sharky paddle to Rabbit Island from Makapu’u beach on a stormy day of high surf, and refuses to take a more contemporary means of transportation (boat ferry) despite his encounter with a 2-foot shark fin early on during his 45-minute paddle.