A Fisherman’s Hunch
Volume 18.Issue 3
Note: Subscribers have access to a downloadable .pdf for all features in the archive.
Subscribers receive access to PDF archives of Volumes 1-29 free as part of their membership.
Get a magic link sent to your email that'll sign you in instantly.
TSJ members receive:
- Bi-monthly delivery of The Surfer's Journal
- 20% off merchandise and apparel in the TSJ store
- Unlimited access to every article we've ever published
- Email delivery of additional original TSJ content
- Member only film screenings
- Exclusive sponsor offers and discounts
Tony Harrington and a crew of Australian big wave surfers set sail in a prawn trawler in search of a new wave. Their trip is based on fisherman John Schmucker’s hunch that there is a big wave spot lurking off the coast of a remote island in South Australia near where he catches prawn. Though the trip begins with rough seas of “Perfect Storm” proportions, it ends with the team laying first tracks at the Bosenquet Bombie.